Planday is committed to protect you and your employer’s privacy. We only collect and use Personal Data to provide you and your employer with the workforce scheduling platform and all associated services.
Planday A/S is a global company registered in Denmark at Njalsgade 19D, 7th Floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen S. VAT number DK-27666248.
Email customer service: email@example.com
Telephone customer service: (+45) 35 107 207
Data Protection Officer (DPO): Our CFO fulfils this role and can be contacted as above. Please address any questions for attention of our DPO.
Planday is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting the website, using an associated service, or by using the App, and by ticking the “I agree” buttons when first registering or logging into the App and/or by accessing the “Subscription Centre”, you are accepting and consenting to us collecting your personal data and using it in accordance with the practices described in this Policy.
You may withdraw your consent at any time as listed in the “Your rights” section below.
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and any subsequent UK legislation implementing the GDPR (the “Legal Framework”), the data controller, in relation to personal data entered by you into the App, is Planday A/S of Njalsgade 19D, DK-2300 Copenhagen S.
Our UK ICO registration no. is ZA259339. Our Datatilsynets registration no. is 35107207. Planday is a certified holder of CyberEssentials (UK Government-backed cyber protection scheme, now industry standard).
In relation to data provided to us by our business customers to enable us to provide services to them, that business will be the data controller and we will be the data processor. These businesses warrant in our agreements with them that they have complied with and shall continue to comply with the Legal Framework in relation to the data they control and pass to us and that they have the necessary consents to use the data in relation to the services we provide to them.
Planday limits the personal data collected and processed for the following purposes:
- to provide, operate, support use of, maintain and improve the App, Sites, associated services, and services we advertise on our website;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between your employer and us and to provide you and/or your employer with the information, products and services that you and/or your employer request from us;
- to enable your employer to contact you via the App;
- to provide automatic responses to certain services, like welcoming messaging to the product, and default customer support answers and to notify you or your employer of Planday service updates, incidents, and product features and news. These communications are considered essential to the provision of the service you have requested. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these automatic responses, as they are considered a part of the service you have chosen;
- to notify you or your employer about changes to our service and to provide and deliver any other products and services that you or your employer requests;
- to ensure that content from our App is presented in the most effective manner for you, your employer and for your computer, tablet or mobile device;
- to provide you and your employer with information about other products and services we offer;
- to create lookalike audiences within social networks to enable us to advertise our services, or to create anonymised high-level research reports on workplace trends in a given industry, geography, or to compare industries and/or geographies on key workforce metrics.;
- to provide you and your employer or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user of the App, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which you currently use; if you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this. For information on your rights relating to consent, please see the section “Your rights”;
- to protect against, investigate and deter fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
Planday collects the following Personal Data:
- data provided by you and / or your employer when you sign up for the App and use any of the associated services by filling in a field or forms in our App or Sites or any of our social media platforms, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- data provided through the use of the App, for example employee details, and/or work pattern information or uploaded documents (including photographs) or any other details entered into our App;
- data provided by you or your employer when subscribing to our emails, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions linked to or on our App or associated services, including responding to a survey from us;
- data provided when updating your subscription preferences via the Subscription Centre;
- data you or your employer give our Sales, Customer Success, or Customer Support teams when you or your employer report a problem, request our support services, request or complete a review, demo or other trial of our services, register to use our App;
- data transferred via any other software services integrated with the App;
- data automatically collected when using the Sites, such as cookies;
- data automatically collected when using the App and / or Sites, including:
- the data we need access to on your device in order to deliver the App and associated services, such as device and app history, identity, contacts, location, Wi-Fi connection information, device ID and call information;
- technical data, such as the make, model and operating system of your device, a device identifier, geolocation settings, time zones, and network information, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses;
- usage data, as collected via Analytical Services;
- data provided via other sources, for example Net Promoter Scores or customer feedback.
We may use third party analytics services (“Analytics Services”), to help analyse how you and/or your employer use our Sites and the App. The information generated by the cookies or other technologies about your and/or your employer’s use of the App and/or Sites (the “Analytics Information”) is transmitted to the Analytics Services. The Analytics Services use Analytics Information to compile reports on product usage and activity.
“Anonymous Data” is the type of data that does not enable us to identify you, either by using this data by itself or combining it with any other information, for example data derived from personal data that is aggregated and compiled in anonymous form, Analytics Information and information collected from cookies.
We may create Anonymous Data from the personal data we receive from you and/or your employer through any of the methods listed in this Policy, including usage data. We convert personal data into Anonymous Data by removing personal information, such as names, ID’s, etc. We use this data to analyse requests and usage patterns for innovation and for improving our App, associated services, and Sites. We may share Anonymous Data with third parties.
Planday does not sell, rent or lease its customer or end users lists to third parties. Planday will share your personal data and usage data with the following third parties (such third parties are prohibited from using your personal data except to provide these services to Planday):
- Planday’s operational service partners in order to operate the App and the Sites and deliver the services you have requested; and/or with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, marketing campaigns, PR campaigns, remarketing, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support;
- any existing or future member of its group, which means its subsidiaries, its ultimate holding company and their subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In the event that Planday sells or buys any business or assets it may disclose your personal data and/or usage data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. In the event that substantially all of Planday’s assets are acquired by a third-party purchaser, your Personal Data and/or usage data may be one of the transferred assets.
Planday will not disclose your personal data and/or usage data to any other third parties without your consent unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with legal process served on Planday;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Planday; and
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the App and/or the Sites.
Please keep in mind that if you publicly disclose Personal Data and/or usage data through our App or our Sites, we are not responsible for the security of the personal data you publicly disclose and it may be collected and used by others.
The Sites may contain links to make it easier for you to visit other websites. These websites are managed by third parties and Planday encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the Sites so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Planday is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites it may link to.
Planday does not systematically monitor individuals based on personal data, or use automated profiling of user data.
The App does have custom text fields in which sensitive data can be added by either you and/or your employer. These fields are configured by you and/or your employer, and you and/or your employer accept full liability (and hold Planday free from any liability under the Legal Framework) for any sensitive data entered into these fields. We recommend that you and/or employer do not add sensitive data to these fields. Any data entered into these fields will be processed in the same way as we process personal data.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. The third-party supplies may be engaged in, among other things, the development of the App and/or Sites, the enrichment of your data, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
We will only transfer, store or process your data with such third-party suppliers who have agreed to comply with the required data security standards, policies and procedures and have put adequate security measures in place. By ticking the “I agree” button when first registering or logging into the App and by submitting your personal data, you consent to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal data with our sister companies and business partners located outside of the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within a private network and is encrypted when in transit between those servers and a third-party supplier. We retain your data as per our data retention schedule.
As you would expect, Planday takes security of personal data very seriously. Our risk management and security controls include:
- embedding data privacy by design into everything we do;
- consent and permission management for both you and/or your employer
- internal access control based on role and least privilege; all access is logged;
- risk management, business continuity, including disaster recover, backups, business impact assessments, risk registers and Data Protection Impact Assessments;
- data breach management: Planday will inform all users impacted of a data breach within 72 Hours;
- cryptography, crypto controls, key management;
- all data is backed-up;
- securing and alarming all of Planday’s office facilities;
- asset management;
- network segregation, penetration testing, and a software development cycle.
Your password enables you to access certain parts of our App. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for updating it regularly. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Should you forget your password, it is your responsibility to request a new password from us.
Planday uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Planday uses cross-domain cookie tracking, so cookies issued by one Planday domain can be read by another Planday-owned domain. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to enhance your user experience. You can obtain information about how to manage cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
Planday keeps track of the websites and pages you or your employer visit within our Sites and may process this personal data in order to determine which services and facilities are the most popular.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use our Sites or sections of our sites.
For more details on which type of cookies we collect, please see the cookie table.
The Legal Framework gives you the right to access information held about you and to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed, if incomplete. You are also entitled to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data or that we erase it completely. You are also entitled to obtain from us and reuse your personal data for your purposes.
You have the right not to consent to us processing your personal data for marketing purposes. You may have given us your consent to do so when you first logged into our App. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the “Subscription Centre”. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights can be exercised in accordance with the Legal Framework. Any query you have regarding the handling of your data should be made in the first instance to email@example.com, addressed for the attention of our Data Protection Officer.